On June 13 – 15, 2017 representatives of the University took part in the training «Academy of changes» in Kyiv. This training is the part of Ukraine Higher Education Leadership Development Programme.
Our University Team was represented by 5 people: Rector of TNTU Prof. Petro Yasniy, Dean of foreign students Department Bogdan Kovalyuk, Associate Prof. of the Department of Ukrainian and Foreign Languages Zhanna Babiak, Leading Specialist of the International Projects Department Nataliya Shchur, student of group PF-21 M.Velichko.
Aspiring to improve the quality of higher education in Ukraine, the British Council in partnership with the Institute of Higher Education of the National Academy of the Educational Sciences of Ukraine and the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education (UK), with the assistance of Ukraine’s Ministry of Education and Science, runs the second round of the Ukraine Higher Education Leadership Development Programme.
The Aim of the Programme is to assist reform in the sector of higher education through universities leadership development in Ukraine. Forty universities of Ukraine will be involved in the Programme during 3 years (2015 – 2018).
By the end of 2018, the following agreed outcomes will be delivered:
- A national cohort of «change agents» — well-equipped specialists ready to implement innovation changes in their higher education institutions
- 40 Ukrainian academic partnership visits to the UK
- Systems for dissemination, networking and sharing effective leadership practice of higher education leadership development
- Effective implementation of leadership development by change agents in the system of higher education or a separate university through recognition of their status and improved achievement indicators of the university
- Universities’ updated strategies are clear about the university’s role and responsibility in terms of expanded autonomy
Detailed information about the Programme is presented on the official websites of the Institute of Higher Education of the NAES of Ukraine and the British Council Ukraine.
University teams («5+2» format) enthusiastic about implementing a project of innovative change for the university’s development participate in the Programme. University teams include senior / middle managerial and academic staff and student representative. 5 team members are participants of the Team Leadership component, 2 team members are participants of the Future Leaders component. Teams are selected for the Programme based on assessment of their applications on:
- the quality of the team;
- team members relevance to their suggested project theme;
- the quality of the application and the project’s relevance according to priorities of the higher education reform in Ukraine;
- planned dissemination activities